Boardmaker 7


I downloaded the trial edition of Boardmaker 7. Initially this was more challenging to learn the features than I thought it would be. Learning to add text and that to double click means to add special interactive features was initially confusing to me. However, I gave myself some time and have create two visuals for 2 of my students. Searching for symbols and images are very simple, as you can see in the image below. 

I would like to explore some more and add personal pictures, especially for creating social stories. This can make the stories more meaningful. It is possible to search the web for more pictures and symbols if what they have is not available. The generic pictures can be helpful for a group of students, or unknown students.

The generic symbols and graphics are particularly great for visual aids for individual students in the classroom, such as a reward/behaviour chart or a First/Then chart for students who student with non-preferred classroom activities. I made a reward chart based on a provided template from Boardmaker. I was even able to add another page for extra reward options by clicking on the 3 dots and selecting "Duplicate." (See the images below.)
Finally, the finished product can be presented in a few ways. I created a PDF copy in order to print a book and make the reward chart. The social story can also be played within the application, which can be helpful if students have technology to access the app.




Comments