App Plug: ClassDojo

Throughout the year, my class and I have been using ClassDojo. It is a site and app that parent, students, and teachers can use. I started using it for the reward system built into the program. Students each have an account/avatar and they can ear points, and if you have good system they can lose points. I have been using my points in a barter system, in which students can use their points to buy privileges or prizes. Students can earn points individually, in groups, and as a class.


I soon discovered that there are other great perks to ClassDojo. I have invited parents to join and they can see all activity on a students account. I have a story board, where I can share pictures and events with parents. I can also message parents privately about how a student is doing or set up a meeting. Contacting parents became so much easier.

I have further discovered Students Portfolios. My school has signed on for the new Reporting Pilot and the Portfolios were a great way to share student work and their progress. Points of Contact have become easily completed through this app.

ClassDojo is very similar to apps like Fresh Grade and Blueprint. I know many teachers who prefer those apps. However, I really enjoy how my students are more involved with the Dojo.

Comments